Today, August 15, 2010, is our 12-year wedding anniversary! Twelve years ago, we were sealed together for all eternity at the LDS Oakland temple. We were young, we were in love, we were enthusiastic about the life ahead of us...now we are twelve years older, still in love and still enthusiastic about our future together. Only now, we have been through twelve years of adventures that have strengthened the bonds between us--the birth of each of our three beautiful children, purchasing our first home, graduate school, parenthood, new careers, and exploring the beauty of the San Francisco Bay Area have taken us to new levels as a married couple! Together, we have endured the stress and hardship while experiencing the success and blessings that come with living life to the fullest...and that, my friend, is something to be proud of!
There are many things I love about you. Here are just a few:
* I love watching you play with the kids. Hearing their laughter is like music to my soul!
* I love getting foot massages every night after a long day...helps me get up the next day to do it all over again!
* I love that you encourage our family members to follow their dreams, whatever they may be.
* I love that you like to save money as much as I like to spend it...it helps to balance us out!
* I love that you take the time to teach our children, helping to answer their questions and build their knowledge base.
* I love that you are willing to listen to my suggestions, and implement my ideas into goals for our family.
* I love that you are an excellent provider, always learning more and moving forward.
* I love that you are always up for an adventure!
* I love that you wash the dishes, cleaning up after my cooking tornadoes in the kitchen.
* I love that you are concerned about your health, exercising and eating right.
* I love that you make your family a priority when you get home from work, setting aside the concerns of your day and focusing on the people you love.
* I love that you strive to grow spiritually, and that we can follow your example as a worthy family leader.
Happy Anniversary, Abe. I love you!