Weston Family Superheroes Light the WorldThis December our super family is focusing on following Christ’s example as we serve those around us. Just like superheroes, we each have talents and abilities that help us find a unique approach to serving and loving mankind. This Christmas season, we focus on ways to #LIGHTtheWORLD.
- Alias: MadDog
- Costume: dog hat, clogs, and bait-bag filled with treats
- Occupation by Day: homeschooling fifth-grader, dog-trainer, chicken-wrangler, singer, dancer, actress, artist
- Superpowers: training guide dog puppies for the blind
- Weapon: six-foot leather leash
- Amazing Feats of 2016: co-raising guide dog puppy, Kiko; hiking 22 miles of the Ohlone Wilderness Trail from Sunol to Del Valle in a single day; taking Sammy to his first barn hunt practice; performing in Bye, Bye Birdie, Jr.; winning “prettiest” for her prima ballerina costume in the chicken dress-up contest at Alameda County Fair; and rehearsing as a sheep and Dream Chorus member in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with StarStruck Theatre.
- Lights the World by...donating a box full of dog and cat toys, blankets, and supplies to Tri City Animal Shelter.
- Alias: Class Clown
- Costume: ummmm...clothes?
- Occupation by Day: homeschooling seventh-grader, scouter, minecrafter, drummer, singer, dancer, actor, artist
- Powers: uncanny ability to make people laugh; also good at killing flies
- Weapon: sharp wit
- Physical Weaknesses: hot water (makes him “ow!” like Michael Jackson)
- Likes: when people laugh
- Amazing Feats of 2016: Killing 3 flies with one swat; performing in Bye, Bye Birdie, Jr.; winning “most creative” for his Hamburg-er Helper costume in the chicken dress-up contest at Alameda County Fair; and rehearsing as a member of the Dream Chorus of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with StarStruck Theatre.
- Lights the World by...collecting and sorting over 100 pounds of candy for Treats for Troops.
- Alias: Chicken Lady
- Costume: chicken hat, yoga pants, and combat boots, no Cape--it scares the chickens
- Occupation by Day: homeschooling high schooler, seminary student, artist, ukuleleist, reader, author, singer, dancer, actress, chicken hypnotist at Little Red Hen Ranch
- Superpowers: speaking to animals, journal-wrecking, apple-eating (3+ per day), non-stop dancing at ALL the church dances
- Weapons: Hypnotic singing voice, bow that shoots super pointy colored pencil arrows
- Amazing Feats of 2016: performing in Bye, Bye Birdie, Jr.; backpacking Point Reyes with Triathamom; winning “judges’ favorite” for her French Maid costume in the chicken dress-up contest at Alameda County Fair; surviving her first semester of high school; and rehearsing as a member of the Dream Chorus of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with StarStruck Theatre.
- Lights the World by...collecting new shoes to donate to www.mynewredshoes.org.
- Alias: Triathamom
- Costume: spandex, sparkly skirt, & trail runners--no cape as the drag would only slow her down
- Occupation by Day: teacher, photographer, travel agent, taxi driver, cook, event coordinator
- Superpowers: lightening speed spin and running workouts before the crack of dawn
- Power Limitations: passes out at 9pm
- Abilities: agile, strong, flexible, multi-tasker, organizer
- Weapons: yoga mat & strap
- Physical Weaknesses: dried apricots
- Mental/Emotional Weaknesses: takes things too seriously
- Romantic Interests: The Garbageman
- Amazing Feats of 2016: joining forces with her truly amazing friends while backpacking Point Reyes with a herd of teenage girls; hiking Mt. Whitney in a single bound; and running the Skyline to the Sea Trail Marathon.
- Lights the World by...coordinating community service projects for homeschool, 4-H, and church youth--see her Facebook page for more ways she has found to #LIGHTtheWORLD this month.
- Alias: The Garbageman
- Costume: latex gloves, shield that resembles a garbage can lid--no cape
- Occupation by Day: trust & safety for the online community, commuter, movie-watcher, dishwasher, and garbage collector
- Superpowers: Walking in slow motion; sleeping while driving; getting hurt without getting hurt; multitasking while listening to audiobooks; stretching without being flexible; transferring large quantities of liquid from the break room to the urinal; sitting for extended periods of time; and telling jokes that are funny because they are not funny.
- Physical Weaknesses: yes
- Mental/Emotional Weaknesses: sweetness
- Romantic Interests: Triathamom
- Amazing Feats of 2016: Supporting our family and taking out the garbage every week. :)
- Lights the World by...assisting job seekers with the job search and application process.
The Weston family loves Christmas because of the ways it inspires us all to show even greater love for others. We are striving to be more Christ-like this Christmas season by finding creative ways to serve others in need. We urge you to join us in taking on the challenge to continue our small acts of kindness through 2017 and beyond!
2016 Weston Family Photos