Friday, November 6, 2009
GLUTEN-FREE Cooking: Pumpkin Pancakes
My kids request these pancakes at least twice a week...they love to start the day off with a short stack of cinnamon and nutmeg flavored Pumpkin Pancakes drizzled with maple syrup!
Griddle or frying pan
Hand mixer or spoon
1 18oz package Trader Joe's Gluten-Free Pancake & Waffle Mix (purple bag)
1 can organic pumpkin
1 can light coconut milk
2T pumpkin pie spice
1 can canola oil spray to coat your griddle
100% pure maple syrup
1. Preheat your griddle or pan to 350 degrees and spray lightly with canola oil.
2. Mix all of the ingredients (pancake mix, pumpkin, coconut milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice) by hand or use your mixer.
2. Scoop 1/3C of the batter at a time onto your griddle or pan to make each pancake.
3. Cook the pancakes for 4 minutes on each side.
4. Serve immediately and top with maple syrup!